Thursday, February 4, 2010

And the Winner is…..


It hasn’t been a very easy decision, choosing the best entries to be awarded for participation in the blog. I am extremely glad that the bog is a month old now and we had 28 robust entries doing rounds of the office in the month gone by. The younger lot is definitely more enthusiastic about writing and it has been a pleasure reading what they’ve had to say.

After having read and re-read all the entries, many times, I think it is only fair to first of all congratulate each one of you wholeheartely for participating in the blog and making it your own. As I was telling marketing, the two pre-decided awards, will not be able to justice to the range of creativity that you have exhibited. Therefore, in order to be fair to everyone, here goes who I think should be facilitated:

1.      Best Picture Award: Goes to Marketing  for the Go Green Poster that they have put up on the blog. It reiterates our commitment towards the environment and also showcases us an eco friendly publisher, managing paper from pulp supplied from sustainable managed forests. Congratulations!!

2.      Most Interesting Read: Well, I’ll still say this, even at the cost of sounding biased, but I really liked what Disha wrote about her first job experience. We’ve all had these ‘cold feet’ moments but the way she upheld the company pride by talking to a hall full of veterans in IIC, beats every other read. And all that after Shafina told me how Disha had to be literally terrorized into writing. Congratulations Disha, way to go!!

3.      Largest Number of Entries: Sangeeta Menon and Anjali Madan tie together for the largest number of entries.  Congratulations to both!! Well Done!!

4.      Sweetest Picture Ever: Definitely is Pankaj’s son telling us that she has finished all the milk powder dabbas!! A very sweet picture Pankaj, give our love to your son.

5.      Special Award: For Nigel’s entry on 'What is Marketing'. The kick start and electric scooter do give us a worthwhile lesson.

Marketing seems to be the choice of January (well, its there birthday month). Two awards and Nigel's entry is also on Marketing!! I’ve also liked Rama’s article on Abraham Lincoln, Sanjay entry about my Journey in T & F, Sabiya Ashraf’s ‘Bhago Yahan se’, Sudhanshu Goyal’s entry on team work amongst many others.

Keep writing and keep connecting everyone!! February will see many more awards coming your way!!

P.S: You will have your prizes hand delivered in sometime!!

Shammi

No comments: