Friday, December 11, 2015

The Taylor & Francis Interactive Digital Library Events


The Evolving Librarian
Trends, Challenges, New Environment & partnerships

Kolkata & Hyderabad
19 & 23 November 2015
Testimonials: Thank you very much to you and your entire team including Sonali for wonderful hospitality and organising such a great event. It was indeed professionally rewarding experience. It was one of the finest event I have ever attended in India. Everybody enjoyed the event. I have got very good feedback from the participants. Once again thank you very much to the whole T&F team especially for that wonderful professional networking event.

The Ignite newsletter is a delight to read. So much information and not even for a moment does it seem that we are holding something from a publisher. Feels like it is created by one of our own community.  

The open access presentation was very informative. I thought I knew it all but I was mistaken. Thank you very much and I look forward to the membership plans.

This has reference to T&F Roadshow at Hyatt Hyderabad on 23rd Nov15. I whole heartedly convey my appreciation for the day-long events and the novel and innovative way the proceedings are conducted. I am immensely benefitted professionally--subject-wise as well as networking with fellow professionals. Three (or Five) Cheers to you organisers.   I have been writing and presenting papers on copyright esp. in digital era and widely delivered lectures (as recently as August and October in AP Agriculture Univ and Hyderabad Central Univs.  You have distributed a small booklet on what is Copyright and told that you will send the digital copy if anyone needs for distribution. I request you to please mail digital copy for distribution to library professionals. Needless to say I will acknowledge T&F for the booklet. I look forward to receiving the copy

 I would like to express my gratitude for Taylor & Francis Roadshow 19, November 2015. It was both enjoyable and informative.  Your insightful presentation contained several innovative ideas that we are now considering for our library to implement.

The librarians’ chat show was a delight! I thoroughly enjoyed myself and was left wanting for more. The chat show should have been longer. The questions actually made me stop and think. Although I do know that the future is unpredictable but certainly we need to start looking at technology much more seriously than we do now.  I liked this session the best. 

For the first time, two back to back roadshows were hosted in the east (Kolkata on 19 November 2015) and the south (Hyderabad on 23 November 2015) by the Journals and Online Resources sales & LMTs.
  • We met 202 library customers at the two cities. 92 librarians attended the Kolkata event, while 110 Librarians attended the Hyderabad roadshow. The events lasted from 9 till 5.30 in the evening. We created online links for the first time to facilitate registration and received 40% enrolments for the shows from there:
  • The detailed agenda for both the events can be found at these landing pages:
  • The landing pages also offered free access to Library Web-Scale Discovery Services, the most popular recent Library & Information Science articles, with free access to some of our most downloaded papers, and our open access articles from Routledge's Library & Information Science portfolio.
  • Boria Mujumdar gave a 15 minute presentation on the South Asia Archive (SAA) followed by the Q&A session on SAA
  • A new concept called the ‘Librarians’ Chat Show’ was co-hosted by the marketing head, Shafina Segon with senior librarians (Kishor Satpathy, NIT Silchar in Kolkata) and (Dr S Venkadesan, Knowledge Director Indian School of business, Hyderabad) for the attendees. The selected librarians were invited to the ‘Hot Seat’ and asked to answer a few relevant questions. Audience rounds were played along with rapid fire rounds and voting done for best answers.
                                     
  • Two separate issues of the Ignite newsletter were brought out and released at the respective roadshows. These featured the keynote speakers (Dr B Sutradhar, Kolkata and Dr Nageswara Rao, Hyderabad) along with voices of librarians from the east and the south.
                       
 

  • A copyright awareness initiative was also conducted at both the roadshows. Copyright booklets along with a copyright quiz were circulated at the roadshows to raise awareness about the issue. The initiative was led by the Managing Director of the India office, Nitasha Devasar. The initiative was received very well by the librarians.
  • Many customers as well as the keynote speakers took to the social media to extensively promote the event, Ignite newsletter as well as their participation before and after the event.

A special selfie booth was created in Hyderabad with Taylor & Francis branding to encourage librarians to connect to the brand. The booth showcased pictures of some selected books as well as Journals. In Kolkata, we conducted a selfie picture competition.

  • There were quizzes on LIS held through the day that led the librarians to get involved. There was also a breakout session in Hyderabad complete with poster presentations where the librarians discussed on the following themes:
    • Open access
    • Digitization
    • The Evolving Librarian
    • Librarian and Publisher Relationships
  • All the attendees have opted to sign up to receive
    • the Taylor & Francis e-updates
    • The IGNITE newsletter for librarians in South Asia
    • Regular monthly information about T&F’s open access programme
  • Visit the pictures of the event
    • Click here for Kolkata
    • Click here for Hyderabad

                      

No comments: