sMother Nature
![]() |
Composed by Tenzing Topzer Bhutia |
It's
scorching here, some of these Lords in here
Should
realize the cost and what's important here
Understand
there are resources we're exhausting here
Don't
wait until it's too late
Panic-stricken,
I'm two-faced
I'm
screaming Green week, Earth day,
But as I
speak righteous today, do I care?
Putting
everything aside, do I even practice what I say?
No
But I
guess admitting is the first step to rectify my mistakes
Tough
pill to swallow, my words ring hollow and I swear
These
broken promises live anonymous,
Now
the air we breathe is poisonous
The
food we eat is hazardous,
Diseases
delivered through aqueducts
What
can I say that hasn't been said yet?
Go
poetic on your beauty and then leave you for dead?
No
Sorry
dear Mother, for all the abuse you've endured
These
past few decades have left you impure, in need of cure and so much more
We've
used you, abused you
Selfish
intents and self-serving needs that felt crucial
When
our own existence is at stake, we can't afford to stay neutral
Wake
up dear friends, Mother Earth needs you!
We
owe a debt to the the generations that are yet to take a step
Here,
this world's not ours to take, it's ours to protect

No comments:
Post a Comment