Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Tasveer-Nama


A Frame


I have seen generations. I may not have gone to places, but I have seen the world coming to me. Different cultures, different people, thousands of stories and all kind of seasons, I have passed through. Mughal period or present, I have seen it all. I may be just a frame of a monument, but I have experienced the most ups and downs of the time. I have witnessed tensed situations of royal families and also their merriment. I have stood here since ages, and will be here for many more to come.

Now, I may be a monument, but, once I was a palace. I am a place for visitors to look into the long gone era, a window to the past. They visit here, click their photos, and take memories with them, of their happy times spent here. I watch all this quietly, getting nostalgic of my memories, which is a history now.

Young couples, small children, old people, everyone visit here. Their ways of looking at me is different. Some find me interesting enough to click my photo; others may find me boring, thinking that I am just a support to this whole construction. It’s interesting to hear them, see them, and feel them. Wish I could speak too, tell them what I have seen, what I feel. If only once I could let them know, the hidden stories in and around me.  Be it the conspiracies or the joys, what not I have, to tell this world.

I am how you see me, a window for some and a passage to another window, to some other.



Puja Kumari

No comments: