Sunday, February 17, 2019

Creative Corner - Nitya Arora


Going back to my good old school days, I used to listen to a song by Britney Spears
"I am not a girl, not yet a women". Liked this song a lot but, was too young to understand what it meant. Now that I have left my teens, specifically my girlhood behind and have officially entered the age that of a woman, I can feel what this song actually means. So here is my version describing how I am not a girl anymore, not yet a woman either.

Daddy's Princess, brother’s angel. But, I am not a girl, not yet a woman.

I am in the real world, past the age of making friends and in the age of making colleagues. I am not a girl but, not yet a woman.

Try understanding people by my own sense and prudence.... Do go wrong 80 out 100 times. But, I am not a girl, not yet a woman either.

Still look up to my family for guidance. Tend to seek their advice before taking decision. But, I am not a girl anymore, not yet a woman either.

I Have crossed the era of being dependent. I am now moving ahead towards being self-reliant. I am not a girl now, not yet women.

I think that I have an answer to everything. I also know that life will not go my way. I am not a girl, not yet a woman.

I am motivated towards being strong and willful, past the moments of delicacy. I am not a girl but, not yet a woman.

I am not fragile anymore, cannot be broken down easily. I am not a girl not, not yet a woman.

I am on my road to conquest, and I know that I will rightly pave my way. I not a girl, still not yet a woman.