Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Moving Forward in 2010 - Taylor & Francis India

Good morning everyone,

Taylor & Francis India prides itself on new initiatives; it’s our constant endeavour to be people friendly. This lends itself to our constant efforts to bring in small yet useful changes to improve life in office, little gestures that are kind and policies - which facilitate a better working environment.

After noticing that the quality of drinking water being used in office was not up to the mark, we’ve graduated to Bisleri and I am happy to say that the quality of water seems to have considerably improved. A small initiative but definitely a step forward.

On the corporate responsibility front, we’ve recently donated some amount of charity money to the Blind Organization of India; for children and their parents for whom the organization is building huts where they will stay. I am also happy with our visibility on the My Informa website for our collective effort towards Udayan Care. My heartfelt thanks to everyone for their efforts. A lot of charity material was also donated to Udayan Care for children living there.

The recreation club has been initiated and we’ve had our first party already. The desk decoration competition was wrapped up successfully and the committee members seem all geared up towards a productive year. I am looking forward to the picnic in November.

Recently, we rolled out CODA 10 – the group accounting software- training for select team members of Taylor & Francis India. The bills and invoices are now upgraded to online approvals and I’m hoping that this will lead to shorter processing time for everyone. I’d like to put on record my note of appreciation to Anand Goyal and team for shifting from manual processes to CODA 10 smoothly.

We are also in the process of implementing CAS (Course Adoption Software) for the India office. This software will ensure that all our adoptions that our sales teams so painstakingly bring in are recorded for better transparency. Gopi and Shafina will lead the way for this project.

I am very pleased that our Ansari Road Showroom is now ready to go live. I’ll announce a small get together to inaugurate the showroom soon. It’ll be nice to have everyone wishing the showroom well. My thanks to Aman, Shafina, Anand, Gopi and everyone else who’s been a part of its inception. The showroom would justificably showcase all our fast runners and backlist. The most important advantage that I see is that our customers would now be able to get better and faster service and increased response rate because of a centralized showroom. Rajeev Kant would be taking charge of the showroom and shifting base there.

As we endorse technology, new welcome changes can be seen around us. One such brilliant example is the Print on Demand option for our RIO titles that we have started. Aman and his tem have been instrumental in setting up the processes, which means that we will be able to conserve cash, save paper – contributing towards a greener environment and save hugely on inventory and inventory carrying costs. Customers can now simply ask for a title and it’ll be printed specially for them.

We are mid way 2010 and I can already see a lot of fruitful policies and surprises come our way. Keep logged in to http://www.taylorandfrancis.blogspot.com/ for more information.

It'll also be useful to see the response to the latest marketing survey circulated yesterday. Make sure all of you participate.

BTW – I look forward to more entries on the blog. I was heartening to read all the health tips coming in since yesterday. I participated as well. Let’s see who wins!!

Have a great day,

Shammi Manik






















No comments: