I like the idea of people sharing their opinions about the books that they have read. I would like to share the one that I have just finished - Ten Kings by Ashok
Banker.
Ashok is rewriting Indian history. Taking his first story from Rig
Veda, the story is about One day, One Battle, between One Man and 10 Kings ,
literally translated in Sankrit as Dasarajna. A story of one man’s dream of One
Bharat and the foundation of Harappa.
It is indeed a good story retold, about One king , with a
dream, to build a mighty nation and the odds against him. Three thousand men
against an army of Sixty thousand. Does it ring of 300!, you may think, but it
is not.
The sheer grit, the determination and the love for his land,
made him think “out of the box”, to differentiate between “Strategy” and “Tactics”,
to use his environment as an aid, to learn from the weather. To realign himself
with current scenario, to adapt to change, to reorganize in span of one day and
win.
The ones that I shall remember for a while is, 'Well, if you wish it, you must will it. Then you must work for it.' Better to be a man and respected like a king, than to be a king respected by no man.'
Neeti Verma
Neeti Verma

No comments:
Post a Comment