Wednesday, March 10, 2010

An Evening with M.N. Roy

It has been a long time since I wrote my last blog… somehow I was blank with content till the time I had this wonderful evening called “An evening with M.N. Roy.”

Travelling is always a good excuse to pen down my thoughts.
While I write this I am waiting in the departure lounge of the airlines I am going to catch, the weather outside is too misty and foggy and the captain of the aircraft is actually worried over the flying conditions. This gives a good time to write about my wonderful experience that I gathered the other evening.
It was a book reading session of one of our RIO titles called M.N. Roy by Kris Manjapra.
It was inaugurated by Dr. Sugata Bose, Director of the Netaji Research Bureau, Kolkata and also the grand nephew of the great Subhash Chandra Bose, the revolutionary and freedom fighter.
Netaji as we all lovingly call him…. his thoughts and his actions still remind us of our duties towards our nation and making it a young and a vibrant India. I am sure we all feel proud to be Indians. Though we would have been more happier if our Indian hockey team would have lifted this year’s World Cup.

Dr. Bose and Kris both spoke of M.N Roy, his swadeshi movement along with Mahatma Gandhi and about his contributions towards the modern day Socialism, Marxism and Communism. He had a certain vision and that how the communism can contribute to the growth of modern India.
Though today’s communism has a different perspective altogether and I don’t want to get into that. It’s really interesting to know how those great people used to perceive their thoughts towards our nation and the dreams they carried along within them.

We hardly get a chance to spend such a pleasant evening brushing shoulders with great people and listening to them about the great history of our country India.


Regards
Sanjay Dutta, Kolkata.

No comments: