I've just returned from a place whose official name is this - okay, now take a deep breath and try saying it -
Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Yuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Phiman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit........
(It is listed by the Guinness Book of Records as the world’s largest name for a place)
In case you've guessed it - congratulations are in store for your HIGHER ORDER THINKING SKILLS - incase you haven't, I am talking about Thailand! The Exotic land of angels as the thais call themselves. According to Travel and Leisure magazine, Bangkok was ranked the best city in world, in 2008. During my five day trip, I clicked some pictures showing Thai culture that I wanted to share with you. So, here it goes:
A
This is the house of spirits.......Thais believe that building houses for spirits makes them happy and they never harm you.........Should T&F have a house of spirits, I wonder? Now don't start ranting the names of spirits - Johnny Walker is a no, no..........
B
This soldier doesn't move from 9 in the morning till 6 in the evening, even if he has to go to the loo!! That's what the guide told me.......In this heat, he stands still because he's guarding the King's palace......
C
The Emerald Buddha; the largest Buddha in the world....400 metres. They say that if you can look at him in the eye and say what you want, Buddha will grant your wish..... D
They say that feeding Macaws will liberate your deepest wishes and make you happy!!!
E
I still can't believe that there are formal companies that check your CV and offer you dates!!
F
We have two bins; here in India, while they have three. quite colourful, I must say!
G
Handsome young Thai Models.....

H
Siam Niramit; the Thai cultural show, featuring in the Guiness Book of world Records.....

Handsome young Thai Models.....
H
Siam Niramit; the Thai cultural show, featuring in the Guiness Book of world Records.....
I
J
This one was very amusing.....
__________________________________________________________________________________The tiger cub was really scary......looking at it is one thing, holding it in your hands is another!!
IF YOU THOUGHT THE ABOVE PICTURE WAS EXCITING, LOOK AT THE ONE BELOW:
Swadee Ka!!
Shafina
1 comment:
Great pics. You two sure had a fabulous time! Thank you for sharing the glimpses of the City of Angels with us (now am not even trying to write the original name;))
Post a Comment