Friday, April 16, 2010

SARISISKA CONTINUED

After reading the post on Sariska by Rima, I thought to post my experience too. I tried to shoot photos as clear as possible. But these are what I was able to shoot while driving.

My post is a little bit contradictory with Rima's one. The road till Alwar is good but after that it is pathetic. The road inside the reserve is horrible. You can see this in the photo. I was able to spot deers, Langurs and Peacocks. Rima was a little bit lucky as she was able to spot some crocodiles also. But there is one thing in which I feel myself lucky as I was able to spot a Dancing Peacock.
See the Video for the dancing Beauty.

There is a temple of PanduPol inside the reserve. Its a saying that Bheem of Mahabharata met hanuman here. So one should visit there for sure.

Silised lake is no doubt a sheer beauty. The calm lake is so good that anyone can sit there for hours.

Few things which I would like to mention if you are going to visit Sariska are. One should reach the gate of Sariska till 11:00AM as it will take around 4 hours to drive through the reserve andentries are given only till 3:30 PM. Afterwards it will take around 2 more hours to visit Silised Lake. There is a place called 'Bhangarh ' near Sariska. It is said to be the most Haunted place in India. Even they had a show on 'Bhangarh' in Discovery channel.

Few things which one should not miss are the onion Kachauris of rajastahan and गन्ने का रस in 'Kullarhs' which you will easily find in Outskirts of Alwar.

Always keep lot of water and food as you will find nothing inside the reserve.

No comments: