Thursday, April 22, 2010
On Earth Day
It’s Earth Day and I wanted to help,
So I decided not to take a shower;
Now my colleagues are avoiding me at work,
Guess I’m not as fragrant as a flower!
It’s Earth Day and I wanted to help,
So I thought I’d plant a tree;
Started to dig with a shovel,
Hurt my back and knee!
It’s Earth Day and I wanted to help,
Decided to eat salad thrice a day;
Now I’m dreaming of tandoori chicken,
Someone feed me meat, I pray!
Got really hungry by lunchtime,
Saw my colleague had chicken today;
Got caught trying to steal his lunchbox,
Now everyone’s staying away!
Decided it’s probably best,
To take it one step at a time;
Thought I’d go home and meditate,
And try not to commit a crime!
Watered the plants on my balcony,
And fed the birds on this hot summer day;
As I watched a flock of sparrows take wing,
Wished I could fly away...
Came back to work the next day,
Gave everyone a plant as a gift,
Was forgiven for stealing my colleague’s lunch,
Organized a car pool (or as I call it ‘free lift’)!
It’s not easy but I’m trying,
To turn over a new leaf;
I’ll go green and avoid tissues,
Instead, I’ll use an eco-friendly handkerchief.
I’ll reuse paper and always try,
To use both sides of every sheet;
And, I know it’s not easy,
But I will try to cut down on meat.
Let me know what else I can do to make a little change,
For seriously, I’m trying to live in a sustainable way;
I realize, each one of us can make a difference,
And make every day, Earth Day!
An Anonymous Colleague
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wonderful! If only I could know the name of this colleague, *sigh*;);)
Post a Comment