Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Forward from 2010

Good Morning everyone and a very Happy New Year

Another year - new innings, so much to look forward to.....I welcome all of you back after the holidays. I'm sure we're all refreshed to take on new challenges and make Taylor & Francis India an even better place to work in.

We thought of setting up this blog site because the company has grown from strength to strength, and it seemed like a good idea to have an interactive forum to chat. It also occurred to me that since I can't chat with you one to one most of the times, perhaps this would be a good forum to share random musings of my experiences and thoughts about working at Taylor & Francis India. Through this blog, I would also like to encourage everyone to submit their feedbacks about constructive changes that can be initiated in the organization.

If you have anything that you want to say about work and life at Taylor & Francis India, send them to marketing@tandfindia.com and they'll post it for you.

2009 has been eventful in more ways than one. We’ve been able to initiate some very constructive changes in the organization. For one, we’ve grown in size and stature. Starting at 31 employees, Taylor & Francis India today stands at 75 people, different in many respects yet, joined together by the work culture and larger objectives of the organization. With the HR policies in place, we are all set to formalize the appraisal process this year, hopefully, making it more objective and fair.

We're thinking of initiating an open house to share ideas and will send an announcement to that effect soon. For all the new employees, please feel welcomed into the organization and feel free to make suggestions.

I hear that the fresh coffee aroma is keeping everyone in high spirits. This month, we are set to launch three new RIO titles; Foreign Aid for Indian NGOs, Witnessing Partition and Armed Conflicts in South Asia 2009.We are also gearing up for the World Book Fair 2010 from 30th January to 7th February at Pragati Maidan. Any suggestions on the World Book Fair are most welcome. International Conference on Digital Libraries with TERI, follows in February.
I'll see you all again in the 8th floor bay when we bid farewell to Mr Bhambal on the 15th of January. Be there!!

The focus of every managing director is to take the company forward - to make it a force to reckon with - which is something I'd like to do in the coming years and together, I know, we can make a huge difference.

So start penning down your thoughts and let's stay connected.

Shammi Manik

No comments: