"
New Year Resolutions are meant to be broken"goes a famous saying....Having believed that - maybe because it is easy, and comfortably breaking most of my resolutions all these years, I decided to act on the call of my conscious and make a resolution, which I thought would make me happy. So here it goes:
"This year, I am going to try and get more kindness back into my routine. It is so easy to put off or decide things that one has always wanted to do. Before you know it, far more time has elapsed than you ever expected. As a child, I always believed in consciously practicing kindness - random acts of kindness - and as I grew, I got so busy with my life that kindness as an everyday routine, took a backseat.
I now miss it being a major part of my life so I am going to SCHEDULE kindness! And this NEW YEAR, I am committing myself to performing at least one kind act for someone I do not know each week. That gives me at least 52 opportunities to touch someone else's life with kindness. If I know what I will do great but if I do not I will at least pick the day ahead of time so it gets scheduled into my week. So far we are only 11 days into this year and I am happy to say I am off to a good start!"
So, what's your new year resolution??
Shafina
No comments:
Post a Comment