Could life be better than this? The question crossed my mind while I was sipping cappuccino at a famous coffee shop's open-air section. I had recently got the job I always wanted. Life seemed so favorable in all aspects. I sat their relaxed when I noticed a girl asking for alms at the other table. She was shabbily dressed with untidy hair. The lady shooed her away screaming “bola na bhaag yahan se, bulaoon police ko” I wondered! What use is this job of mine if I cannot help fight these issues. I imagined how perfect the world would be if people helped each other. She came upto me. I gave her the new Rs. 10 coin. She was fascinated to see the coin like I was, when I held it for the first time but the intensity of my fascination was far less than hers as I could read that it was just a Rs. 10 coin but she couldn’t. She ran with joy. I paid Rs. 70 for the coffee and gave Rs. 30 to the waiter to stay in tune with social norms. I walked towards my car and saw that girl showing the coin to bunch of kids. On seeing me they all ran upto me and asked for more. The thought of working towards this issue vanished much before the smile on their faces vanished after I shooed them away saying “bhaago yahan se, bulaoon police ko”.
Sabiya Ashraf
Europa World of Learning
No comments:
Post a Comment